Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Johnny Depp!

I cannot wait to see Johnny Depp in the movie "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"! I loved him on 21 Jump Street and I love him today....sorry Mike! Now I hear that Gene Wilder, who was in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, is a bit upset because he thinks that Hollywood remade the movie to make more money! First of all.......let's do a comparison between the two "Willy's"


Here you have Johnny Depp.....a good looking man with slightly femine hair, but none the less.....a handsome looking man!


Here's Gene Wilder.....Ouch! A not-so-good-looking man, with bad hair and a really ugly tie!

Secondly, the title of the book is "Charle and the Chocolate Factory" not "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" In fact, if you've ever read the book, you'd see that the Willy Wonka movie isn't very close to the book.

Finally, I may be wrong......but I don't consider Willy Wonka to be a classic like The Wizard of Oz. You could never remake the Wizard, it just wouldn't be the same! However, you can remake Willy Wonka because it just doesn't have the kind of staying power that other movies have.

On a sadder note.......the little independent bookstore I work at is closing. It just can't keep up with the bigger chains and can't afford to stay open. I really believe in supporting your local businesses because that's what defines a community. I find it so disturbing that school organizations, churches, hospitals etc; will ask for contributions from the "little locally owned" businesses, (coffee shops, bakeries, hardware stores etc;) but won't shop there. We all need to help these locally owned businesses achieve their "American Dream" Trust me......Starbucks, Walmart, Home Depot etc; have already achieved it!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning Tracy! So sad indeed about the bookstore. I remember when the Little Professor Bookstore (was in the Strip Mall where Breadwerks is ) closed. I so enjoyed going in there and browsing and purchasing! The staff were always most knowledgeable and friendly!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

What can you do? We tried everything but to no avail!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, that's to bad. I can't believe it, sorry to hear this.
Sorry, to the owners and the staff it just opened a new home for itself.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see it yet?

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
Hotwire