Sunday, February 26, 2006

Nick's a Wrestler!

Here's the picture you all have been waiting for.......Nick's wrestling photo! They tell the boys not to smile, because wrestlers NEVER smile! Doesn't he look mean and nasty? Even though he didn't win any matches, he had a great time.

The one thing I learned from wrestling is that it takes a lot of courage, to go into the middle of a ring along, with no other teammates, with everyone watching you and focus on the task at hand. Other sports like basketball is team driven, but in wrestling it's just you and your opponent. Wrestling has given Nick a lot more courage and character. Do I still think it's barbaric? You betcha! Do I hope Nick wouldn't do it anymore? You double betcha! But......I need to get over my "fear" and support him. (I think he kind of enjoys me crying at his matches!)


This past month has been filled with sports and church events. I looked ahead to the month of March and see that we actually have days where NOTHING is going on! How did that happen? I actually double checked to make sure I didn't make a mistake.

Mike and I have been fortunate enough to enjoy some time together since the boys are always gone sleeping over and hanging out with their friends. Today we are going to watch Mad Hot Ballroom and Fahrenheit 9/11. Now.......many of you may not know this but my husband Mike is a staunch Republican and I'm a fantabulous Democrat! We have agreed to watch this movie together and we can't make any comments! So what does this mean......what if Mike gets upset watching this movie that is anti-Bush? Well....knowing Mike.....he'll probably walk out and read a book! So my thinking is that we watch the ballroom movie first, then the Michael Moore movie, because Mike will make me popcorn for the first one! Hee! Hee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counters
Hotwire